Saturday, April 18, 2009

Death to the Addicks...




Well, as the title says, death to the Addicks. If you are a Charlton fan like me (Wilf) or in fact any of the other teams that have been unfortunate enough to be relegated this season, follow my advice, and get pissed!

The demise of my local club has been swift and pretty devastating - 'how could this happen?' is a question that will be ringing in our ears for a very long time. It is now the third time I've witnessed my club relegated (twice from the Premiership, and now the Championship) and as with most other Charlton fans, this is probably the bleakest of recent times. Our club has a strong history of coming back from having nothing - 18 years ago, we didn't even have a ground and had to share with our local rivals Crystal Palarse. Unfortunately for me, I was a wee lad then, living in Hong Kong so don't have those days in my memory to comfort myself. The task ahead is all the more daunting due to the imminent departure of our best (hahahahahahahahaha if you can call them that) players. All I can do is retain hope that we can pull ourselves back together and beat the Millwall twice and my other team, Yeovil, next season. Bring on League One.

Ah well...

'At Valley, Floyd Road, the mist rolling in from the Thames,
my desire is always to be found at Valley, Floyd Road.'

2 comments:

Asthma_Boy said...

I'm sorry for your loss Wilf you should do what the rest of our course does and support a team that nearly always wins lol

Scott said...

'Tis a sad day for Charlton. Whilst I am a 'Palarse' fan, I buck the trend at my club and quite like the Addicks. Hope that you boyos can make a speedy return to the higher tiers of the English game!

 
Open firefly